Tuesday, June 07, 2005

pants

it's been amazing to me how much movies effect me. I saw Hotel Rwanda and i didn't want to be american anymore. I saw crash and i wanted paint everyone the same color so hate would be less severe. I saw mean girls and i wanted to go and make peace in every high school reminding girls that beauty is more about your insides than your outsides. I've watched Blue Planet (documentary on ocean life) and i wanna move to the carribean and scuba dive every day of my life. Recently... well, earlier today... i watched Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. This movie made me want to do a couple things.
1. buy a pair of pants that fit me well. It seems like an impossible task in my world. even with the endless variety of jean selection, i can't seem to find pants that will fit me all day long. By the end of the day, they get stretched out and ends up looking like they're carring a load of poop. I dont like it. The pair of pants in the movie fit four girls... and it fit them perfectly. I just am asking to find a pair that fit one girl kinda good. it it really too much to ask?
2. it makes me wanna run away. Now this incling has been deep in my bones for years now. I go plenty of places during the summer. even this summer i'm traveling a bunch, but it's not the same. i'm not sure what it is. i know it's a movie so it will nver be the same. but one girl is in greece. Do you know how beautiful it is in greece? oh man. and another girl is in mexico. not TJ mexico but beautiful by the beach mexico. both of the places seem so magical. no hate. no pain. perfect weather. beautiful people (outside). newly found summer love. adventures with very little risk. so safe. so "ideal" but so not real.

i guess i want what can never be. i dont want it forever. i just want it for a little while. can you imagine a place with no sadness. more love and understanding than hate and anger. every problem solved in the matter of two hours. lots of truth covered by lots of editing. i have mixed feelings now that i wrote it all out. i still want the pants... but i also love the struggle of life. maybe i just need to take my struggles to a different country... yeah that would be perfect. i think i'm gonna go watch harry potter now. i know that's all really fake so maybe i wont want to do anything after it.

1 comment:

brian c. berry said...

I don't believe you. After harry potter you'll want to slay a dragon and be positive there are schools in our world that need to stop teaching kids potions and that your chemistry class is way too boring cuz they don't teach you how to make potions. Or at least that's what I think.