Sunday, March 12, 2006

mono

i have mono. i'm not very excited about it all... my lymph nodes in my neck have been swollen for about a month so i thought my body was just figting some infection. Turns out they were fighting mono. I've never in my life cried when i tried to swollow. I seriously avoid at all costs the need to swollow. They think i have mono AND something else...which explains the ridiculously inflammed tonsils. They are also covered in puss and blood spots. Kinda fascinating while at the same time ... hecka gross.

I guess i just find it funny how God works. Like for a couple of months now there's been some pretty amazing people in my life trying to tell my to slow down. I said i couldn't. I said i had too much to do and too many deadlines. Instead God slows me down a bit with some Mono. By the way, when you have mono, all you really wanna do is sleep and die. Not eat. Not drink. Not play. Not study. Not anything. SLEEP and take advil for your achy body and tonsils. Oh, and sometimes spit.

My work load hasn't lightened.. i'm still super busy but i'm learning how to prioritize. So... fortunatley, sleep has become number one!! yay! Just thought you should know that now, if i dont answer the phone it's cause i'm in bed :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey chirstina!!! oh man, mono sounds horrid. nasty. on a happier note, the randomest (is that a qord?) happened last sunday!!! my friends and i went to olive garden for a 16th birthday and burton cheung was our waiter!!!! it was so cool. he gave us extra mints. lol

Anonymous said...

yeah i am so thankful for advil
i'm sorry you don't feel good...the tonsils sound awesome...but painful. just to see what it was like, i tried not swallowing for as long as i could and man it was hard...no wonder you need to spit
you are so awesome and i look up to you

Anonymous said...

you have my prayers